Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge of the history and culture of people of Mexican and Latin American origins in the United States, specifically within the region of Southern California.
- Analyze the literary, performative, and visual expressions of Chicanas/os and Latinas/os.
- Distinguish variations within Chicana/o communities in respect to class, culture, ethnicity, gender, race, and sexuality.
- Identify and discuss the major theoretical and conceptual questions informing Chicana/o Studies over time.
- Summarize, explain, and apply social science methods for analyzing social, political, and economic phenomena relevant to the multicultural populations such as demographic trends, public policy, judicial systems, segregation, business practices, public health concerns, etc.
- Effectively demonstrate competence in oral, written, and/or visual media to present research findings.